Appellation: Niagara Peninsula VQA
Region, Country: Niagara, Canada
Size: 750 ml
Winemaker(s): Francois Morissette
Svet's Tasting Notes:
A Chardonnay of classic proportions, this is a wine built on the often-contrasting pillars of precision and richness. It blooms out of the glass with dewy orchard fruit and white flowers.
The fruit for our 2018 Chardonnay comes from our 19th Street Vineyard (65%) on 20 Mile Bench and from Redfoot Vineyard in Lincoln Lakeshore (35%). It was harvested respectively on September 22nd and September 23rd, 2018. After careful sorting, the fruit was pressed whole-bunch. Fermentation by indigenous yeast proceeded steadily in a combination of an old foudre for 19th street Chardonnay (60%) and 2 old- oak and 1 new oak demi-muids for the Redfoot Chardonnay and remainder of the 19th street Chardonnay (40%; 15% new oak in the new blend). The wine was left to age on its lees in its fermentation vessels, without any racking or battonage for a total of 20 months. 2018 Chardonnay was bottled unfiltered and un-fined on September 9, 2020.